Sunday, February 15, 2015

Introduction Post

     Welcome to the Rave Ready blog! In this blog I will provide information useful for both new and experienced fans of the EDM (electronic dance music) genre in the midwest. Covering a wide range of topics; sub genres, shows, dj's, etc.

     It can be difficult to be an EDM fan in the midwest and more specifically in Kansas. Shows can be few and far between if you don't know how and where to look. It can also be a bit overwhelming to actually enter the scene. To a fresh, dough-eyed beginner  the loud music, flashing lights, smoke machines, and crowds of people can be very intimidating. Even for those not so frail of heart there are also a number safety measures and precautions. Poor judgements, and reckless actions at EDM shows too often result in hospitalization and death. There will be information in this blog to help readers have a safe and fun experience at EDM shows.

     Below is a video recorded at what was actually my first show in Lawrence last november. I have been to two shows since and a few "raves" it all came to me naturally.

Take a look at the video, and share your thoughts in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. I've attended a few concerts myself in Lawrence, and Kansas City they weren't huge festivals but had some great performs like Bassnectar, Krewella, and more! They are some of the greatest experiences of had in my life so far because of the atmosphere there;s nothing like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've attended a few concerts myself in Lawrence, and Kansas City they weren't huge festivals but had some great performs like Bassnectar, Krewella, and more! They are some of the greatest experiences of had in my life so far because of the atmosphere there;s nothing like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great video I got into the EDM scene petty big 2 years ago and let me tell you, you have a great blog I am excited to hear more about EDM.

    ReplyDelete