Friday, March 13, 2015

Do your research!

     You cannot go to just any show you find or hear about. I touched on this in an earlier post, but I want to address this with more specificity and create a 3 step walk through based on my personal practices when deciding whether or not a show is for me.


  1. The first thing you need to know is who is headlining the event.
    • You are gonna wanna know some background on them, if they have any gimmicks during shows or anything else that could surprise you. (E.X. There is a popular DJ that actually throws cakes into the crowd. Not something you want to be around if you have any allergies to cake ingredients)
    • Genre and Subgenre you don't wanna go to a show with a genre you don't particularly care for. Shows are pricey and it would be a shame to pay so much for an experience you won't enjoy.
     2.  Check out who is opening the show.

    • Are they local dj's, or are they touring with the main show.
    • You want to look into all the questions you would ask about a headlining event to determine whether or not you will attend the whole show or just get there in time for the headline event.
     3.   Consider the venue the show will be in.
    • Have you been before? If so then you should be familiar with anything you need to be wary of.
    • If not you are gonna wanna do alot of research and asking around to make sure you will be somewhere safe.

3 comments:

  1. You sound like a veteran raver. I look at the same aspects when I'm deciding on what show I'm going to attend. I also try to factor in the distance maybe finding a safe place to stay for the night. It's never a great idea to drive for a long period of time especially if you just got done raving the whole night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm constantly checking reviews and comparing almost anything you can think of from concerts to the next phone I'm buying. Glad to know I'm not the only one who wants to get every bang for their buck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man how many raves have you been to?

    ReplyDelete